The company that I worked for during my internship is Ngan Giang. Ngan Giang is an authorized dealer in Vietnam distributing barcode scanners and printers. My job scope ranges from creating databases to preparing monthly payroll for the staffs. It was very rewarding as I’ve learnt many valuable skills and grow to be independent.
Ngan Giang’s Sign Board
Outside Office
Needless to say, although Vietnam is a growing country, there will be times when a blackout happens in the office and everyone is left stranded in the dark.
Blackout in Office
After having working for 3 months in the company, we will realize that a working environment is very different from school. In school, our studying hours are not always fixed; there are times we can go to school in the afternoon and sometimes in the morning. However in a working environment, the hours are fixed. My working hours in Vietnam starts from 8 in the morning and ends at 5 in the evening. Also, unlike in school where our lecturers would sometimes help us in our projects whenever we have difficulties, a working environment doesn’t entitle you that privilege. Many times we had to work independently. I was glad that when I was still studying, we were given PBL for out projects. It had physically mentally trained me and I was really for the challenge.
Vietnam is a country full of delicacies. The most well-known dishes among the world are the Vietnamese Spring Rolls and the Vietnam Beef Noodles, are simply Pho. Vietnamese loves to eat vegetables and it is a common sight to see Vietnamese people adding plenty of raw vegetables into their food.
Pho, Beef Noodles
Vietnamese Spring Roll
There are many places of interest that we can go in Vietnam and I have explored almost all of them within these 4 months. Vietnam is a country full of war history where there are several museums showing the war remains and the story of the war. The places that I’ve visited include War Remnants Museum, Cu Chi Tunnel, Revolutionary Museum, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Post Office, People’s Community Hall, Mekong Delta, Cao Dai Temple, Da Lat, Nha Trang, Mui Ne and Phu Quoc.
Cu Chi Tunnel. Pronounced as Gu Chi Tunnel.
Ho Chi Minh outside People’s Community Hall, City Hall
Temasek Polytechnic Students
outside Notre Dame Cathedral
Temasek Polytechnic Students in Da Lat
Beautiful Sunset in Vietnam
I would definitely recommend students to go for an Overseas Internship as it is not only a good working experience but also an experience of living in another country away from Singapore.
Posted by Chuan Liang, C155
No comments:
Post a Comment